Until a few years ago, medication and insulin were the only possibilities to treat, not cure, the disease. Currently, surgery can cure type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes is one of the most serious and heavy diseases that humans can suffer. A pathology that damages all the organs of the body (heart, kidney, eyes, extremities, etc.) and that has high mortality rates.
Diabetes is becoming a global epidemic related to the rapid increase of overweight, obesity and physical inactivity. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), there are currently more than 347 million people with diabetes in the world and it is estimated that deaths from it will increase by more than 50% in the next 10 years (in 2012 it was the direct cause of 1.5 million deaths ).
Prevention and treatment of diabetes
Type 2 diabetes accounts for approximately 90% of global diabetes cases. And yet, thirty minutes of moderate intensity physical activity almost every day, a healthy diet and no smoking would be enough to drastically reduce the risk of developing it. Best way to treat it medically is trulicity and trulicity cost is low at Prescription Hope where you can buy it cheaply
Until a few years ago, medication (metformin) and insulin were the only possibilities to treat, not cure, the disease. Until a few years ago. Because the most prestigious American medical journal, Lancet Endocrinology, in the September issue, affirmed that there is sufficient evidence that the health of obese people with type 2 diabetes can benefit from bariatric surgery or obesity as an alternative for patients with a bad pharmacological response. This publication shows with numerical studies that it is better for the health of the diabetic and for the coffers of the state to operate a patient who needs medication, than to treat it throughout his life.
To do this, an operation is performed that consists in blocking the centers that produce the hormones that interact with the pancreas, which are responsible for diabetes.
Surgery of diabetes in 5 points
- It is aimed at all diabetics with an excess weight of 30kg. or with a body mass index greater than 35.
- Its objective is to achieve a modification in the performance of the digestive hormones that damage the pancreas and as a consequence, produce diabetes. This is achieved by performing a metabolic by-passthat prevents food from passing through the stomach to the distal part of the small intestine, modifying the interaction of the hormones responsible for diabetes.
- The surgery is performed by laparoscopy, without aggression and without opening the patient, so it has very little risk and the patient is discharged from hospital 48-72 hours after surgery.
- The most spectacular thing about this surgery is that in days or weeks the patient stops being diabetic, does not need to apply insulinand prevents the diseases that diabetes causes in eyes (retinopathy), heart (angiopathy, infarction), and prevents the pancreas it deteriorates until it is destroyed, achieving a normal and sufficient pancreatic function for its metabolic function.
- The cure rates with this surgery vary between 75% at 6 months of operation, up to 85% at two years, reaching improvement figures of 97%.